Buffalo, NY - In an effort to continue to provide fair and equitable assessments, the City of Buffalo’s Department of Assessment & Taxation has engaged the services of KLW Municipal, Inc. and Emminger, Newton, Pigeon, & Magyar to complete a full reassessment of all real property in the City of Buffalo. The two-year reassessment project will be completed for the 2025 Final Assessment Roll Year; final assessment changes will be used to calculate property tax bills beginning, July 1, 2025.
Over the next two years, the department and the contractors will be reviewing property information, market data, and developing new assessed values for all 93,682 city properties. The Department will begin rolling out information about the project on the City’s website next week. For more information, please contact the department at 716-851-5733 or email at email@example.com.
Information sessions have been scheduled in every Buffalo Common Council district in the months of May and June to discuss the Reassessment Project and what property owners can expect over the next two years.
- Delaware – Tuesday, May 9, 2023 @ 5:30pm – North Buffalo Community Center, 203 Sanders St., 14216
- North – Monday, May 15, 2023 @ 5:30pm – West Hertel Academy, 489 Hertel Ave., 14207
- Lovejoy – Wednesday, May 17, 2023 @ 5:30pm – Autumnwood Senior Center, 1800 Clinton St., 14206
- South – Tuesday, May 23, 2023 @ 5:30pm – Southside Elementary School, 430 Southside Pkwy, 14220
- Niagara – Wednesday, May 24, 2023 @ 5:30pm – Richmond-Summer Recreation Center, 337 Summer St., 14222
- Fillmore – Tuesday, May 30, 2023 @ 5:30pm – Theatre of Youth, 203 Allen St., 14201
- Masten – Wednesday, May 31, 2023 @ 5:30pm – Delavan Grider Community Center, 877 E. Delavan Ave., 14215
- University – Monday, June 5, 2023 @ 5:30pm – Kensington-Bailey Neighborhood Housing Services Center, 995 Kensington Ave., 14215
- Ellicott – Tuesday, June 6, 2023 @ 5:30pm – Reach Academy Charter School, 115 Ash St., 14204