Parking Enforcement Division
Description of Services
The City of Buffalo Parking Enforcement Division is committed to providing excellent customer service to both residents and visitors who are parking throughout the City. Committed to providing quality, professional help, the Parking Enforcement Division’s main goal is to provide affordable, safe and public parking citywide. While uniformly enforcing parking ordinances and laws of the City of Buffalo and New York State, the Parking Enforcement Division will always make residents and visitors feel that they are being heard without judgement. As Buffalo continues to experience growing economic development and an increase in traffic throughout the City, Parking Enforcement will do what it can to advance the progress Buffalo is experiencing with quality customer service.
Parking Violations Bureau
- Accept not guilty pleas to hear and determine charges of parking violations
- Maintain complete and accurate record of all parking violation summonses and related accounts receivables
- Perform all necessary steps of suspending vehicle registration, notification requirements etc. for all unpaid summonses
Parking Meters & Enforcement
- Install, maintain and repair parking meters
- Issue parking violation summonses for violations of the "Parking", "Stopping" and "Standing" pursuant to the State of New York Vehicle and Traffic Law and Ordinances of the City of Buffalo
- Post temporary signs throughout the City for special events
- Assist Department of Public Works, Parks & Streets in removing obstructing vehicles during street cleaning and snow removal
Towing & Storage Operations
- Tow and Store illegally parked vehicles, police impounded vehicles, vehicles from accident scenes or vehicles which obstruct City services or traffic
- Maintain complete and accurate record of towed vehicles and related accounts receivables
- Hold weekly auctions of unclaimed vehicles
- Who do I make checks payable to?
- What is Parking Enforcement's mailing address?
- How do I dispute the summons I received?
- I paid my ticket. Why did I receive a bill?
- My vehicle was booted/impounded. What do I do?
- Who do I contact if my vehicle has been impounded?
- When do you have to follow parking regulations?
- What holidays do you not have to pay at parking meters?
- How do you know where a bus route is?
- How do I request a hearing?
- What do I do if I'm having problems with my bill?
- How do I dispute a broken meter or a signage problem?
- What do I do if I lose my ticket?
- How can I learn more about income executions or bankruptcy?