Youth Recreation Centers
Our Mission Statement
The mission of all seven City of Buffalo Youth and Recreation Center’s is to provide recreation programming, facilities and services that respond to the changing needs within our community. We strive to preserve, enhance, protect and enrich the quality of life for present and future generations in a safe and secure environment.
The City of Buffalo Division of Parks and Recreation offers a wide variety of athletic programs for city youth ages 7 to 18. Programs such as field trips, summer lunch, basketball, floor hockey, kickball, volleyball, soccer, flag football, swimming, tennis, fitness, billiards, Ping-Pong, foosball, board games and arts and crafts are offered at our seven sites. Our youth recreation centers provide boys and girls with the opportunity to learn and develop both athletically and academically in an environment that builds character, leadership skills, self-discipline, and confidence.
Stop in and join the fun! Download our newsletter for this season's great events and activities!
How to Join a City of Buffalo Youth Recreation Center
All youths attending one of our centers must be registered. Stop into anyone of our centers and ask a staff member for a registration card. Just fill out the needed contact information on the card. The contact information provided helps us provide a safe environment to everyone at the community center. If any youth requires help completing a registration card, just ask a staff member for help. Every year participants must re-register. Once registered each day, when entering the center all youth need to print their name on the daily sign in sheet located at the entrance of each youth center. There are no membership fees. It’s as easy as that!
- Asarese-Matters CC
Buffalo, NY 14213
- Hennepin CC
Buffalo, NY 14206
- JFK CC
Buffalo, NY 14204
- Lanigan Field House
Buffalo, NY 14204
- Lincoln Field House
Buffalo, NY 14212
- Machnica CC
Buffalo, NY 14214
- Tosh-Collins CC
Buffalo, NY 14210
For more information, please call Program Coordinator’s Office at 716-851-6504.
Recreation Center Rules
- Everyone MUST present proper I.D. and sign in to gain admittance. If you are not registered you will be asked to leave.
- You must be 6 to 18 years of age for admittance, unless a specific adult activity is held. Youth under 6 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Absolutely no drugs, alcohol or smoking permitted on the premises. Anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted in the building.
- Sneakers are mandatory for gym use. Proper athletic attire is required throughout the facility.
- Disrespecting the staff, building, equipment or each other, will not be tolerated.
- Police will be immediately notified of any gambling, theft or weapons on premises.
- Please no:
- Food or beverages in the gym
- Fighting or bullying
- Foul Language
- Running in the halls