Park Rental & Events Permit
Park Use Permit & Rental Information
The City of Buffalo Division of Parks and Recreation issues numerous permits annually. As we strive to better serve the citizens of Buffalo, as well as those who visit here, efficient administration and coordination of permits continues to be our priority. Please read the information on this page to help with the application process. Download a map of playgrounds and picnic shelters (PDF).
Please call 716-851-9670 or visit the Division of Parks and Recreation office between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on weekdays, to make sure the date and location you request are available. Please note: Dates are not secured until payment is received. Permits are on a first come/first serve basis.
Please complete the required application and return it to the Parks and Recreation office a minimum of 10 business days prior to your event with payment specified (check or money order only) payable to: City of Buffalo.
Please sign and date the required Hold Harmless Agreement, which must be completed and returned to this office in order to receive permit.
Permits will be mailed to you, or you may also visit our office at the following address:
City of Buffalo Division of Parks and Recreation
65 Niagara Square
Buffalo, NY 14202
- Bandwagon Application (PDF)
- Building Use Application (PDF)
- Indoor Pool Rental Application (PDF)
- LaSalle Park Pavilion Application (PDF)
- Park Shelter/Green Space Application (PDF)
- Park Use Special Event Application (PDF)
Please Note the Following
For new event proposals please review information regarding First Time Special Event Proposals (PDF).
For bounce rooms, inflatable games, pony rides, P.A. systems, etc. in parks you must apply for a Special Event Permit and notify this office at time of application, as well as provide a $1,000,000 liability insurance policy or a larger amount at the discretion of the City, with the City of Buffalo named as an additional insured. If using a City Olmsted park, you must also include the Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy as an additional insured. If this is not adhered to, we have the right to remove any of the above at your expense.
Each Group granted a permit for park use is responsible for the clean-up immediately following their event. Permit holders not complying with clean-up provisions will not be issued future permits.
Fee Schedule (Non-Refundable):
If a first time Special Event is being requested, please call Arlene Mustafa at 716-851-9670
|Special Events - Daily (includes Runs/Walks, etc.)
|Special Events - Seasonal
|Bandshell Rental (mobile stage) - Daily
|LaSalle Park Pavilion - Daily
|Park Green Space Permit - Daily
|Park Shelter Permit - Daily
|Park Building/Meeting Room Rental - Daily
|Indoor Pool Rental - Hourly: ½ Pool Rental
||$40 Resident/$50 Non-Resident
|Exclusive Use of Pool
||$50 Resident/$70 Non-Resident
For event information at the following facilities in Buffalo’s historic Olmsted Park System please call the Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy at 716-838-1249, ext. 10:
- Cazenovia Park Casino
- Fenced-in picnic area at Parkside Lodge
- Japanese Gardens near Historical Society in Delaware Park
- Lawn Bowling area at Parkside Lodge
- Marcy Casino at Delaware Park
- Parkside Lodge in Delaware Park
- Rose Garden at Delaware Park
General Park Hours: Open at Sunrise - Close at Sunset (unless specified on permit).
Park Permit Rules & Regulations
- Alcoholic Beverages: Alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
- Commercial Enterprises: Commercial enterprises are prohibited without a permit issued by the Deputy Commissioner of Parks and Recreation.
- Conduct and Behavior: Disorderly conduct of any type is prohibited.
- Dogs: Dogs must be licensed and kept on leash.
- Drugs: Illegal drugs or paraphernalia are not allowed.
- Fire Arms: Carrying or discharging of firearms is prohibited.
- Fires: Fires shall be allowed only at designated grills.
- Gambling: Gambling is prohibited.
- Noise and Music: Unreasonably loud noise or music is prohibited.
- Orders of Police and Park Officials: Park patrons shall comply with the lawful orders of Police Officers and Park Officials.
- Parking: Only in designated parking areas. Illegally parked vehicles on grass, paths or play areas will be towed.
- Transference and Validity: All permits are non-transferable and valid only for the facilities, areas, dates, times, persons, and/or organizations specified.