Entry Into Right of Way

A Telecommunications entity that wishes to place their facilities in a City of Buffalo Right Of Way must enter into an agreement with the City of Buffalo. Interested parties should send a letter to the Director of Telecommunications, Utilities and Franchises and include all relevant information about their plans, including type of service planned, proposed route, etc. All such agreements must be approved by the Common Council.

Telecommunications Towers

Companies who wish to erect telecommunications towers in the City of Buffalo may submit an application to the Permits Office. They will be informed whether that particular site requires any additional approvals (e.g. Planning Board, Preservation Board, etc.) or simply requires the approval of the Permits Office. Companies who would like copies of the City's relevant ordinances or any additional information prior to submitting an application can contact the Office of Telecommunications, Utilities and Franchises.