The Buffalo Fire Department (BFD) provides fire protection and other critical public safety services, including Emergency Management Services (EMS), to residents and business owners citywide. The BFD also works to continually upgrade fire apparatuses and technology, educate the public in fire prevention, life safety and disaster preparedness, along with enforcing public safety codes, while ensuring a safe and secure environment to all citizens and visitors through professionalism, leadership, teamwork and partnership with all levels of Government.
Description of Services
- Protects the lives and property of Buffalo residents and visitors by serving as first responders to fires, public safety, medical emergencies, and other emergency related situations
- Utilizes state-of-the-art firefighting and rescue tools and equipment
- Participates in extensive fire-fighting training and drills for emergency and non-emergency situations
- Advances public safety through its fire prevention, investigation and education programs
- Timely delivery of services enables the Buffalo Fire Department to make significant contributions to the safety of the City of Buffalo
- Administers the life-saving medicine NARCAN reversing the effects of an opioid overdose