Tax Exemption

Become 501-C3 Tax Exempt for Proposals & Grant Purposes

After receiving filing receipt, your Block Club should immediately apply for 501-C3 tax exemption. Once incorporated, a new tax Identification number should be received.

Submit these items:

  • File form 1023 Application
  • Copy of filing receipt for Corporation Certificate
  • Copy of Articles incorporate
  • Copy of the EIN letter (tax identification number letter)
  • Check or money order for the amount of exemption that your organization is applying for ($125 may be sufficient)
  • Mail to:
    ST 119
    Taxpayer Assistance - Exempt Organization New York State Tax Department
    WA Harrismans Campus
    Albany, New York 12207-0125