Park Rental & Events Permit
Park Use Permit & Rental Information
Due to COVID-19, many of the regular summer activities in city parks have been suspended. For more information, please reference Mayor Brown’s COVID-19 news updates at: buffalony.gov/COVID19
The City of Buffalo Division of Parks and Recreation issues numerous permits annually. As we strive to better serve the citizens of Buffalo, as well as those who visit here, efficient administration and coordination of permits continues to be our priority. Please read the information on this page to help with the application process. Download a map of playgrounds and picnic shelters (PDF).
A Special Events Permit is required for events that are expected to draw a large number of people due to their nature, interest, location, promotion or any combination of similar influences that are to be held on public property or on private property that affects public property that require support and or resources from the City of Buffalo. This includes vendors, solicitations or performances.
- To apply for a Special Events Permit, click HERE.
Please contact the Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy at 716-838-1249, ext. 10 for additional information if the event is in one of the following locations:
- Cazenovia Park Casino
- Parkside Lodge and/or adjacent Fenced-in Picnic & Lawn Bowling Areas
- Japanese Gardens near the Historical Society in Delaware Park
- Marcy Casino at Delaware Park
- Rose Garden at Delaware Park
- MLK Casino (upstairs)
To reserve an Indoor Facility, Indoor Pool, Park Shelter, or Green Space within a City of Buffalo Park, please find the appropriate application under the Additional Applications tab.
If you have any questions regarding rentals or reservations in a City of Buffalo Park, please contact Arlene Mustafa at 716-851-9670 or visit the Parks & Recreation Department at 65 Niagara Square, City Hall Room 505, Mon – Fri: 8am – 4pm.
Please complete the required application and return it to the Parks and Recreation office at 65 Niagara Square, City Hall Room 505, a minimum of 10 business days prior to your event with payment specified (check or money order only) payable to: City of Buffalo.
To reserve an indoor facility located within a City of Buffalo Park, please complete the Building Use Application (PDF)
To reserve a time for the private use of a City of Buffalo Indoor Pool, please complete the Indoor Pool Rental Application (PDF)
To reserve a single Park Shelter or Green Space (50 people max) within a City of Buffalo Park, please complete the Park Shelter/Green Space Application (PDF)
Fee Schedule (Non-Refundable)
|Park Green Space Permit - Daily
|Park Shelter Permit - Daily
|Park Building/Meeting Room Rental - Daily
|Indoor Pool Rental - Hourly: ½ Pool Rental
||$40 Resident/$50 Non-Resident
|Exclusive Use of Pool
||$50 Resident/$70 Non-Resident
Park Permit Rules & Regulations
General Park Hours: Open at Sunrise - Close at Sunset (unless specified on permit).
- Alcoholic Beverages: Alcoholic beverages are not allowed (without SLA permit).
- Commercial Enterprises: Commercial enterprises are prohibited without a permit issued by the Deputy Commissioner of Parks and Recreation.
- Conduct and Behavior: Disorderly conduct of any type is prohibited.
- Dogs: Dogs must be licensed and kept on leash.
- Drugs: Illegal drugs or paraphernalia are not allowed.
- Fire Arms: Carrying or discharging of firearms is prohibited.
- Fires: Fires shall be allowed only at designated grills.
- Gambling: Gambling is prohibited.
- Noise and Music: Unreasonably loud noise or music is prohibited.
- Orders of Police and Park Officials: Park patrons shall comply with the lawful orders of Police Officers and Park Officials.
- Parking: Only in designated parking areas. Illegally parked vehicles on grass, paths or play areas will be ticketed and/or towed.
- Transference and Validity: All permits are non-transferable and valid only for the facilities, areas, dates, times, persons, and/or organizations specified.